Warning, this post is a *little* angry.
With sex addicts, we don’t ever get the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Of all the lies told by my sex addicted husband, these are three of my favorites:
1. “I never took off my wedding ring”
– This has to be right up there in the top three. Let me get this straight: You stuck your penis in innumerable (hundreds?) of living things, but I’m to believe you are a great family man because you kept your wedding ring on your finger? How about you keep your penis in your pants? Did that ever occur to you as a better idea?
– Did leaving the ring on your finger seriously make your cheating feel less cheat-y?
2. “I never lied to you”
– Hands down my definite all-time favorite. Let me wrap my brain around this: you sincerely believe, to your core, that you never lied because you never said “I screw hundreds of men and women on the side”? You sincerely believe that living a lie doesn’t count as lying, and that lies of omission aren’t actually lies?
-That’s some scary, pathological stuff.
3. “I love you”
– Really? Cause the last time I checked, love doesn’t abuse, lie, cheat, steal, deny, control, manipulate, or screw everything he can get his hands on east of the Mississippi.
– If you think that’s love, I’d hate to see what you do when you hate….. oh wait, I have seen it. I’m living it as you play the victim, blame shift, lie to my children, assassinate my character, and drag me back to court.